1. Poach the pears: peel and core the pears, leaving stems intact. Cut the
thin slice off bottom of each pear and stand them upright in a large
2. Add lemon juice, and then add cold water to cover pears.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are
tender (about 25 minutes).
4. Drain and chill at least 3 hours.
5. Make the sauce: put raspberries, orange juice. Lime juice, and
powdered sugar in blender. Blend on high speed 1 minute, or until
6. Place each pear in a low glass dessert dish. Pour about 1/3 cup
raspberry sauce over each.