Citrus Party PunchFrom OLD NORTH DURHAM INN
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:Not Applicable
Yield:90 (4 ounce) servings
This recipe is featured in our 2012 North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Cookbook. It is a great party punch, light and refreshing. One recipe fills two large punch bowls, or half of the juice mixture can be frozen for next party.
- 8 cups water
- 1 16-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 46-ounce cans unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 2-liter bottles ginger ale, chilled
- 2 1-liter bottles club soda, chilled
- Garnish sliced oranges, limes, lemons
- Fill Punch Bowl ice cubes
Follow the instructions below to make the juice mixture (using 1st six ingredients)
ahead of time and chill until ready to serve. This is a lot of liquid, so you’ll need to
make it in your largest bowl or pot.
Combine water and the frozen concentrates.
Stir to dissolve.
Add pineapple juice, sugar and lime juice.
Stir to dissolve sugar.
To serve, pour half of the mixture of juices into a large punch bowl.
Slowly pour in 1 bottle of ginger ale and 1 bottle of club soda.
Stir gently to mix.
Add ice until punch bowl is full.
Garnish with fruit slices, if desired.
Repeat with remaining ingredients when needed, or freeze juice mixture for next party.