Gluten Free Cinnamon PancakesFrom 5 OJO INN BED AND BREAKFAST
—– Dry Ingredients —–
5/8 cup Gluten Free Flour; I used Bob’s Red Mill
2 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
—– Wet Ingredients —-
5/8 cup almond milk
1/4 cup applesauce; unsweetened
—– Caramelized Apples —–
1 cup apples; cored, peeled, sliced
1/8 cup maple syrup; we use pure Vermont syrup
2 teaspoons apple juice
3/8 cup Sugar
1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix well
2. Combine all wet ingredients
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Heat non-stick griddle to 350°F (if using a non-stick griddle, lightly coat it with vegetable oil)
5. Ladle 1 ounce of batter onto the griddle for each pancake
6. Cook until bubbles start to form on the edges and flip over, cooking the second side until golden brown. We also lift up the pancake to test for doneness as sometimes it’s browned before the bubbles form.
1) Toss the apples with the maple syrup.
2) In a medium saucepan, warm the apple juice and add 3/8 cup of sugar. Stir until just combined.
3) Add the applies and stir to cook.
4) Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and just begins to turn brown.
5) Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- I use half of a medium apple for each person. Usually I use Granny Smith.
- I used the Xanthan Gum to help replace the leavening that the egg would have provided.
- The applesauce was a replacement for the egg.
Yield: 2 servings