A warm and delicious way to start off breakfast on those cool days of Fall, Winter and Spring. Guests will always clean their bowls!
Mayhurst Inn Warm Mixed Fruit CompoteFrom MAYHURST INN
- 6 cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) and peaches- or frozen fruit and canned peaches if fresh is not in season or not available
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 6 TBS butter
- Heavy Cream or Whipped Cream or Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375
- Pour 6 cups fresh berries and peaches in lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Stir together 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 large egg until it resembles a coarse mixture.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Drizzle 6 TBS melted butter over topping.
Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly. (If using frozen fruits increase the cooking time to 45 - 50 minutes.)
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with heavy cream, whipped cream or over ice cream.
Enjoy - Pat