Mayhurst Inn Warm Mixed Fruit CompoteFrom MAYHURST INN
A warm and delicious way to start off breakfast on those cool days of Fall, Winter and Spring. Guests will always clean their bowls!
- 6 cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) and peaches- or frozen fruit and canned peaches if fresh is not in season or not available
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 6 TBS butter
- Heavy Cream or Whipped Cream or Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375
- Pour 6 cups fresh berries and peaches in lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Stir together 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 large egg until it resembles a coarse mixture.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Drizzle 6 TBS melted butter over topping.
Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly. (If using frozen fruits increase the cooking time to 45 - 50 minutes.)
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with heavy cream, whipped cream or over ice cream.
Enjoy - Pat