Castroville EggsFrom MARTINE INN
Prep Time:30 minutes
- English muffins - split and toasted
- Hot water for poachign eggs (adding a splash of vinegar to the water will keep the eggs from speading
- 1 1/2 c Shredded cheese of your choice (a white cheese is recommended)
- 2 1/2 c Chopped artichoke hearts (packed in water, not marinated)
- 4 c cream or half & half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 c chopped green onions
- 1/4 c diced pimentos
- 2 tsp cornstarch diluted with 2 tsp water
Mix 4 c cream or half & half, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp white pepper, 1/4 c. chopped green onions, 1/4 c. diced pimentos and 2 tsp cornstarch diluted with 2 tsp water in top pan of double boiler. Heat through and add cheese. Heat until cheese melts. Add artichoke hearts. Keep warm in double boiler.
Poach eggs. Place one no each half of English muffin. Ladle sauce over eggs. Garnish with edible flower, parsley or paprika.