Chipotle Maple Rosemary Roasted NutsFrom MANDOLIN INN BED & BREAKFAST
8 cups nuts (pecans, almonds, peanuts, etc)
1/3 cup pure plae syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
3 Tbs. orange juice
2 tsp. chipotle powder
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 350٥. Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil.
- Combine pecans, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice and chipotle powder in large mixing bowl. Toss to coat the nuts evenly. Add 2 tbsp of the fresh minced rosemary and 2 tsp of salt and toss again.
- Place on baking pan and spread nuts evenly. Roast the nuts for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large metal spatula. Bake until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more tsp of salt and the remaining 2 tbsp of fresh minced rosemary.
- Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature.