Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom 1750 INN AT SANDWICH CENTER
Cooking Time:8 to 11 minutes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (I use roasted, salted pecans)
- 2 cups dried cranberries (I use the orange cranberries from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/3 cups top-quality white chocolate morsels (I use Ghirardelli)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare several cookie sheets.
In a medium size bowl stir together thoroughly the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl beat the butter on medium speed until soft and fluffy.
Add the brown sugar and orange marmalade and beat until well mixed.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until very fluffy.
Beat in the flour mix until evenly blended.
Stir in the pecans, cranberries and chocolate morsels until evenly spread.
Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, about a heaped tablespoon each, spacing about 3 inches apart. I use an ice cream scoop to maintain a consistent size. If you use a larger scoop, you will get less cookies out of this recipe but I love the larger ones.
Bake for 8 - 11 minutes, rotating the sheets half way through for even browning. If you use a large scoop, you will have to bake them a bit longer. Be careful not to over cook.
Allow to set for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. Plate and enjoy.
Note: This recipe is great for scooping into balls and storing in the fridge. Then you can cook them as you need them.