Chef William Walden’s Homemade Blueberry PancakesFrom GOODSTONE INN & RESTAURANT
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Executive Chef William Walden's delicious blueberry pancakes are a true crowd-pleaser, and a favorite Sunday Brunch specialty at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant.
- 4 cups flour sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Farm Fresh Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shaken buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Clarified Butter for cooking
- 1 jar Homemade Blueberry Preserves
- 1 container Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar for dusting
- 1 container Real Virginia or Vermont Maple Syrup
Mix together all of the dry ingredients in one large bowl. In another bowl whisk the eggs until smooth and lucid. Make a well in the center of the of the flour bowl and add all of the beaten eggs. Slowly blend the mixture and add the buttermilk (shaken) slowly. Let stand for 10 minutes and cook carefully in an ovenproof cast iron skillet and finish in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes. Enjoy!