Apple FrittersFrom GLYNN HOUSE INN
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:4 - 5 minutes
Looking for a tasty and different fruit dish to serve at breakfast? Your guests will be delighted, if you try our Apple Fritter recipe. Apple fritters are easy to prepare and cook. They're healthy and taste good too.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups Canola oil for deep frying
- 3 cups peeled, cored and coarsely chopped apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Powdered sugar for dusting
- Make the batter - In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp salt. Beat in the milk just until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat the oil – Pour the oil to a depth of 2 inches into a deep, heavy frying pan over high heat and heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-frying thermometer. Line a plate with paper towels and set next to the stove.
- Deep fry the fritters – Stir the apples into the batter. Working in batches, scoop up 1 heaping tablespoon of the apple batter and use another spoon to slide it into the hot oil. Repeat to add more fritters to the oil; do not crowd the pan. Deep-fry using tongs to turn once, until the fritters are just golden on all sides, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the paper towels to drain.
- Dust and Serve – Dust the fritters lightly with powdered sugar and serve at once