Raspberry Streusel BarsFrom GLEN-ELLA SPRINGS INN BED AND BREAKFAST, RESTAURANT & MEETING PLACE
Cooking Time:13 minutes
Yield:24 - two-inch squares
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces and softened to cool room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (OPTIONAL)
- 3/4 cup Smuckers' seedless red raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Spray 9 x 13" springform pan with pan coating. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
In bowl of standing mixer fitted with flat paddle, mix flour, sugar and salt on low speed until combined, about 5 seconds.
With machine on low add the 8 ounces of butter one piece at a time until mixture resembles damp sand, 1 - 2 minutes.
Measure 1_ cup flour mixture into a medium bowl and set aside. Distribute remaining flour mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan and press to form bottom crust.
Bake at 350 convection for 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
While crust is baking, add brown sugar and oats to reserved crust mixture. Toss to combine.
Using a pastry blender cut in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Reserve for topping.
Combine preserves, raspberries and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until combined but some berry pieces remain.
Spread filling evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Return to convection oven and bake 13 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Cool to room temperature and remove pan sides.
Cut into 24 – two-inch squares.