Three Bean DipFrom THE DARBY FIELD INN & RESTAURANT
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time:5 minutes
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney beans (Drained and Rinsed) Reserve ½ of the beans
- 1 - 15 oz. can pinto beans (Drained and Rinsed) - Reserve ½ of the beans
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers or green peppers (or both)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 diced fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup shredded Monterey cheese, topping
- 1 15 oz can black beans
This is an instant crowd pleaser!
Place all ingredients except jalapenos & reserved beans into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Fold in diced jalapenos and remaining beans.
Taste and adjust hot sauces to pleasant temperature.
Top with cheese and place in oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly brown.
Remove and garnish with left over cilantro leaves, squeeze additional lime juice.
Serve with chips or put inside a burrito or taco or on a tostada.