Baked French ToastFrom CRIMSON COTTAGE INN THE WOODS
- 3 Eggs; beaten
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Half and Half
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4-8 slices Loaf French Bread; cut diagonally 1 in. thick
- Topping :
- 1/2 cup Butter; melted
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to coat. Place slices in a lightly greased 9x13 (or smaller if only 4 slices) baking pan. Refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees F
3. In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Spoon mixture over bread.
4. Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
** I regularly adjust this from 4 to 8 servings. If you want only 4 you can cut the topping in half. If you want more than 8 servings, increase the egg, milk and cream mixture accordingly as well as the amount of topping. **