Curried FruitFrom THE COUNTRY VICTORIAN BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:40-45 minutes
This is one of our family's favorite Christmas time recipes. It can be served hot in winter or cold in summer. It is a very beautiful fruit dish.
- 1 16 oz can sliced peaches, drained & cut in half
- 1 16 oz can sliced pears, drained & cut in half
- 1 15 1/2 oz cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 10 oz can apricot halves, drained
- 2 15 oz cans tropical fruit, drained
- 1 15 oz can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup packed Brown sugar
- 1 tblsp curry powder
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Mix fruit together in a 2 qt casserole dish. Melt the butter.
To a small bowl add melted butter, curry powder & brown sugar stirring until combined. Add cornstarch and water mixture to brown sugar mixture and pour over fruit. Sprinkle nuts on top and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350^F or until hot and bubbly around the edges.