Grandma’s Waffle RecipeFrom A COUNTRY RETREAT BED AND BREAKFAST
Yield:6 to 8 waffles
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use less 1/4 tes.) – not 1/2 teas.
- 4 egg yolks (I don’t use egg yolks)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 3/4 cups canola oil (I use 1 cup)
- 4 to 6 egg whites (depends of size of eggs)
Use a medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking poweder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
In another bowl beat egg yolks slightly. (Stir in milk and oil.) You may use the egg yolks or try it with out the egg yolks, I use just the whites of the eggs and be sure to beat egg whites ina separate bowl until stiff peaks from (tips stand straight up.)
Gently fold egg whites into flour mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white. (Do not over mix.)
Spoon waffle batter into your waffle iron, making sure not to overfill it.
Serve with real maple syrup and unsalted butter.
(Very good with Strawberries, Cool whip or other fruit.)