Apricot and White Chocolate SconesFrom COLBY HILL INN
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2/3 C Butter
3 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Sugar
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2/3 C finely chopped dried Apricots or Dates
1 C White Chocolate Chips
2/3 C Half and Half
- Process butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in apricots and white chocolate chips.
- By hand, add eggs and just enough half and half so dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly 10 times
- Roll out to 1/4" to 1/3"
- Using a biscuit cutter or a small juice glass (floured) cut into small round discs.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar
- Bake on greased (or use parchment paper) cooking sheet approximately 15 minutes until golden color.
- Serve warm