Raspberry Lemon Pudding CakesFrom CLARK POINT INN 1883 BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
We make this for breakfast quite often as it continues to get rave reviews from our guests. Time and time again, guests leave with a copy of the recipe!
The greatest feature of this recipe? You can switch out the berries each time you make it - raspberries, blueberries, blackberies...and these can be made a day ahead and left in the fridge!
The tender berry cake rises to the top while the creamy, lemon, pudding-like layer sinks to the bottom
- 2 large eggs, seperated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 lemon finely shredded lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 2/3 cups raspberries, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Set 6 ramekins in a 9x13 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy. Whisk in flour, butter, lemon zest and juice and milk, until blended.
3. Ina deep bowl with mixer on high speed,beat egg whites and cream of tartar until whites hold stiff, moist peaks when beater is lifted. Stir one-quarter of whites into yolk mixture until blended, then gently fold in remaining whites. Gently fold in half of raspberries.
4. Spoon batter into remakins. Pour enpough hot tap water into baking pan to come 1" up on sides of ramekins
Allow to cool before serving. These may be made 1 day in advance and stored, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.