More reasons to love chocolate:
- Chocolate is an energy booster. The energy derived from a fat
like cocoa butter is 2 1/2 times that of a pure carbohydrate.
- Studies show people, especially women, claim that chocolate
boosts their spirits.
- Cocoa is a complex blend of 500 flavor components, so few
things come close to matching the flavor.
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 ounces sweet butter, melted
3 teaspoons Gran Marnier
2 Tablespoons orange peel, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter the molds of your
- Sift cocoa, flour, and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a food processor or mixer, combine eggs and sugar. Beat at
medium speed for approximately 30 seconds, then switch to high
speed and beat until mixture has quadrupled in bulk and is
very thick. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla, Gran Marnier, grated orange peel, and flour
mixture. Fold in with a spatula. Next, fold in the melted butter.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoon of batter into each mold of the
plaque. Each mold should be about 3/4 filled. Bake on a lower
shelf in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Madeleinettes should be
softly browned around the edges and bottoms.