Cranberry GranolaFrom THE INN AT CAPE COD
Cooking Time:25 to 30 minutes
- Four and a half cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- One and a half tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon salt
- Quarter cup canola oil
- Quarter cup unsalted butter
- Half cup fresh orange juice
- Half cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Half tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups golden raisins
This is one of our most popular recipe requests, and when asked for the recipe Helen often says “Of course, I’ll just charge your credit card with ten thousand dollars!” Some guests actually think it would be worth it!
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Gently heat wet ingredients in a pan until butter is melted. Pour over dry mix and stir well. Bake in 2 greased 9″ x 12″ pans for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Stir a couple of times during baking to ensure even browning.
Remove from oven and then while still warm stir in the fruit. When completely cooled store in airtight container.