Thanksgiving Morning OmeletFrom BROOKSIDE MANOR BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:5 minutes
Thanksgiving morning is a busy time for the kitchen. Treat your loved ones to this easy to make omelet.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (or your favorite), additional needed for omelets
- 1- 16 oz chopped spinach, frozen (we use store brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 each eggs - You will need two eggs per adult
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or use your favorite cheese)
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
Using a large skillet, heat on medium high for about 1minute.
Add oil and onion, saute for 3 minutes on medium heat.
Add garlic, saute for 1 minute.
Add partially thawed spinach, cover, saute for 4 minutes.
Stir in dill and a little salt and pepper. Saute another 3-4 minutes.
At this point you can refrigerate and use another time or proceed with omelets.
Make omelets using your favorite omelet pan:
Heat pan on medium high for 1 minute.
Turn heat to medium, add a pat of butter and oil.
Add 2 eggs beaten well with salt and pepper to taste.
When omelet is almost finished cooking, add a 1 tablespoon feta cheese and 2 tablespoons prepared spinach filling.
Fold over egg and let cook 1 minute longer.
Serve with homemade bread toast, baked bacon, and red grape garnish.