Fresh Fig TartFrom BLOOMSBURY INN
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 1 Ready made frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 12 fresh figs, washed and cut in half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup+2 Tbs sugar
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured work surface. Place it into an 8x8 baking dish. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, but do not turn oven off.
- Place fig halves, cut side up, on the puff pastry. Beat the egg yolks, sour cream, almonds, two tablespoons of sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together. Pour over the figs. Put tart back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, but do not turn oven off.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Return tart to oven to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.