Bloomsbury Cold Fruit SoupFrom BLOOMSBURY INN
- 2 cups fruit (peach, cantaloupe, honeydew, mango…any one of these works well…fresh is better, but canned or frozen will work when well drained)
- ½ cup sugar (sugar to taste depending upon natural sweetness of fruit)
- 1 (6 oz) individual-sized vanilla bean yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract if you use plain yogurt (extract flavor based upon fruit: vanilla, cinnamon, rum)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (add cream to determine consistency desired)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Carefully clean/peel fruit. Place in the blender, add all remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Chill for at least 8 hours. Garish with whipping cream, candied/sweet-flavored nuts, fresh mint or whole fruit slices). Serve very cold. The History: Fruit soup is a wonderful, eloquent first course. Katherine always presents a fruit course at Bloomsbury Inn in Camden SC. She and Bruce first encountered a similar soup in her home state of Arkansas.