Macadamia Nut French toastFrom THE BLACK HORSE INN BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Buttery macadamia nuts mingle with a sprinkling of powdered sugar in this dreamy make-ahead French toast.
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) loaf of Italian bread cut into 1
- 2/3 cup butter or margerine, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- Garnish ground nutmeg or powdered sugar
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
Arrange bread slices in a single layer in a lightly greased
13-x 9- 2-inch baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread slices; cover and chill at least 8 hours, turning bread once.
Pour butter into a 15-x 10- x1-inch jellyroll pan; place
bread slices in a single layer in pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; sprinkle with nuts. Bake
10 additional minutes. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.