Eggnog Croissant French Toast PaniniFrom BIRCHWOOD INN
Birchwood Inn in Lenox, MA, guests loved the Eggnog Croissant French Toast Paninis we served on Christmas Day. But why wait for Christmas?
- 8 large cEggnog French Toast at a Lenox Bed and Breakfastroissants
- 4 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 large strawberries plus 10 for garnish Whipped cream
- Maple syrup with a shot of bourbon, heated
For the batter, whisk the eggnog, bourbon, eggs, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Slice the croissants in half horizontally. Spread the cream cheese on the middle. Slice strawberries and place on the cream cheese. Close the croissants and set aside.
Preheat the panini press.
When the press is hot, dunk two croissants in the batter and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
Top with whipped cream, a fanned strawberry, and powdered sugar and served immediately with the maple-bourbon syrup.