Asparagus Spinach Cheese QuicheFrom BEAUFORT HOUSE INN
Cooking Time:Baking time: 45 min
- 8 eggs, organic are best
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or Half N Half Cream
- 3/4 cup (roughly) blanched fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach, enough to cover one layer of pie surface
- 1/4 cup shredded hard parmesan cheese – not grated
- 1/2 cup aged shredded cheddar cheese
- dry basil
- 1 pastry round
Heat oven to 400' for first 15 min. of baking, then reduce to 375' for last 30 min. of baking time. Cut asparagus on angle and blanch in boiling water until just bright green, set aside. Blend eggs and cream with mixer until well combined. Line pie plate with pastry round and sprinkle ample amount with dry basil. Layer parmesan cheese, spinach, aged cheddar cheese, and lastly, chopped asparagus. Cover with egg/cream mixture. Bake at 400’ for 40-50 min. until set in middle.
At last minute, mix egg/cream mixture on high speed for 2-3 minutes, then pour into prepared pie shell. Add blanched, drained asparagus evenly. If pastry or top of quiche are getting too browned before quiche is completely “set” in the middle, just lay a sheet of tinfoil gently over the top...this will prevent further browning.