Bass Cottage Inn Sour Cream Coffee CakeFrom BASS COTTAGE INN
This one is a guest and staff favorite. We've been asked for this recipe this season more than any other recipe, so we thought we'd share it. You can use any type of fruit or nut filling to vary the flavor either as topping or a filling – deliciously moist! We use a bundt pan for more artful presentation.
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ t vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 t baking powder
¼ t salt
1 cup chopped nuts
1T + 1t sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
• Handful of dried cranberries
• Handful of fresh blueberries
• Compote of sauteed apples, butter, walnuts, cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grease and flour a 12 in bundt pan.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until fluffy (an electric mixer is advised).
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Fold in sour cream and vanilla extract.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Fold into the wet batter.
7. If you are putting a filling in: spread half batter into the pan. Arrange your filling across the top of the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter to form the top layer. If you’ll just be using a topping: spread all the batter into the pan. Then add ¾ of the topping on top of the wet batter (then add the balance of the topping about 10 minutes from the end of baking time).
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Pour yourself a cup of Carrabassett Coffee's rich, dark Bass Cottage Blend coffee and enjoy.