Hill Country FrittataFrom A PLACE IN TIME
Yield:2 generous servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small potato, boiled, pealed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Mesquite grilling blend
- 1 cup crumbled bacon (Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack grated cheese
- 3 eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon water
In large skillet, add olive oil, onions, seasoning and potatoes. Stir occasionally until vegetables are browned. Sprinkle the bacon, avocado, and chives evenly in the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cover and cook until cheese is clearly melted and begins to set up. Take off lid and off heat until sets up. Cut into quarters and serve one quarter per serving. Remaining quarter(s) may be sliced again and set out for seconds (they'll disappear quickly). Yield: 2 generous servings.
Tip: Prepare potato and bacon the night before and refrigerate.