by Rosalie George
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or grease with cooking oil or spray oil a muffin pan for 12 regular size or large muffin pan for 6
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or milk) - (I use plain yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt (or, to taste) and ½ teaspoon pepper
- Dash (to taste) Tabasco (2 to 3 shakes is a dash)
- ¼ cup butter (sometimes a bit more is needed) (I also add about 2 TBSP Olive Oil to pan)
- 3 cups shredded hash brown potatoes (fresh or frozen, thawed - I use fresh)
- 1/4 cup each onion and yellow peppers - finely chopped
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Beat eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, Tabasco together.
In large sauté pan melt butter (and heat oil w/butter) and lightly sauté onion and yellow pepper - 2 to 3 minutes. Add potatoes. Stir to mix and slightly sauté potatoes with onion/pepper - until begins to brown.
- Take the sautéed potato mixture and place in muffin pan - enough in each opening to pat on bottom and up the sides - about two heaping Tbsp - and if you have more potato - just add a bit more to each muffin opening.
- Take a large pinch of grated cheddar cheese - about 1 Tbsp and drop on top of hash browns
- (Stir egg mixture to make sure well blended) Pour egg mixture into each muffin opening - over top of cheese and potatoes - until filled close to top.
- If you like, you can sprinkle one more dollop of cheese on top of egg mixture - I have done this and it works well. - Just a bit.
Bake at 350° for approximately 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted. Let set for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan.