Coconut and Macadamia GranolaFrom ANDON-REID INN BED AND BREAKFAST
An Andon-Reid Recipe.
4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat pastry
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
6 TB canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp natural coconut extract
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast oats for about 15 minutes.
- Lower oven to 300 degrees and blend oats, flour, coconut and salt together in large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together until completely incorporated the maple syrup, oil, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Add to the oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Place mixture on a large oiled baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then add macadamia nuts, turning and stirring the granola to mix them in.
- Continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool completely. Store in airtight container in a cool place.