Big Soft Ginger CookiesFrom ALLAIRE TIMBERS INN
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:8 to 10 minutes
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
These are just what they say; big, soft, gingerbread cookies. They stay soft too.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Sprinkle dough with sugar prior to rolling into balls to make easier to handle. Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.