Asian Grilled ShrimpFrom ADOBE ROSE INN BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:4 to 6 minutes
- 2 lb. large shrimp, cleaned, deveined and butterflied
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 4 extra large cloves of garlic put through a garlic press
- 2 TBS. white wine vinegar
- 1 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
- Sambol Olek to taste (can be found in Asian grocery stores)
- ½ teas. salt
- ½ teas. freshly ground black pepper
Serves 6 -8.
2 lb. of large shrimp, cleaned, deveined and butterflied
In a bowl, thoroughly combine the following:
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup fresh basil finely chopped
4 extra large cloves of garlic put through a garlic press
2 TBS. white wine vinegar
1 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
Sambol Olek to taste (can be found in Asian grocery stores)
½ teas. salt
½ teas. freshly ground black pepper
Place ¼ cup of marinade in a large zip-lock bag. Add the shrimp and turn to make certain all shrimp are coated with the marinade. Chill the shrimp and marinade for no more than two hours. Refrigerate the remaining marinade. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
Heat the grill to a medium heat, approximately 350 degrees. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and grill for 2 – 3 minutes per side or until the shrimp is opaque in the center. Be careful not to over cook. Arrange the skewers on a platter and spoon heated marinade over the shrimp. Enjoy!