Peach Topped Bavarian TorteFrom A BED OF ROSES BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:1/2-1 hr
Cooking Time:35 min
My sister, Marianne, gave me this recipe in 1972! I had to increase her original recipe to fit current spring form pan sizes, but otherwise it is unchanged and still delicious.
- 3/4 cup Softened butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Madagascar or other high quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 Packages of softened cream cheese (8 oz blocks)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 plus 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla - see above
- 29 oz can Sliced Cling Peaches well drained
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Beat first 3 ingredients, butter, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until well blended
- Add flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs sugar at medium speed until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Pour into a 10" spring form pan
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a large glass bowl. Add peaches and toss lightly
- Arrange decoratively on top of the cream cheese mixture
- Bake 10 min at 450°
- Reduce heat to 400° and continue baking for 25 minutes more
- Cool in pan 20 min, then very carefully remove sides of pan
- Serve warm or refrigerate