Zucchini FrittersFrom TOKEN CREEK ECO-INN
- 1 lb. Zucchini, coarsely grated
- ½ cup *Optional onion, chopped
- 1 large Egg
- ½ to 1 bunch Chives (or scallions)
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Med/high temp olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 cup Sour cream for serving
1. Place zucchini in colander in sink and toss with 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Let sit 10 minutes then squeeze out excess water
3. Wisk egg in bowl, mix in zucchini, optional onion, chives, flour and ¼ teaspoon pepper and some salt.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over med/high heat.
5. Drop about 2 tablespoon sized mounds in skillet and flatten.
6. Brown then turn over and brown other side.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately.
8. Serve with sour cream.