Mocha Truffle TartletsFrom THE INN AT HERMANNHOF
30 miniature baked phyllo dough shells
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet dark chocolate chips or small chopped pieces from a bar
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon coffee-flavor liqueur or strong brewed coffee
½ teaspoon espresso powder
½ teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces whipped cream cheese
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans or chopped dark chocolate
To make the tartlets:
- Arrange phyllo shells on a tray
- Melt the 1-1/2 cups dark chips or pieces and the whipping cream over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted and mixed thoroughly divide the mixture evenly into the bottom of the phyllo shells.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar, coffee liqueur, espresso powder, and vanilla until espresso powder is completely dissolved. Add the whipped cream cheese and mix in thoroughly.
- Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture evenly into each shell. Cover tartlets loosely and chill about 30 minutes or until set. Once set, tartlets can be covered tightly and chilled overnight.
- Remove tartlets at least 30 minutes before serving to let the bottom layer of chocolate soften.
- Lightly sprinkle tartlets with cocoa powder and top with chopped chocolate coffee beans or chopped dark chocolate.
Pairs well with the Hermannhof Norton