Almond Amaretto WafflesFrom FORTY PUTNEY ROAD BED & BREAKFAST
- 1 cup Flour; King Arthur
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Eggs; separated
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 6 tbs. Butter; melted
- 1 tbs. Amaretto; plus 1/4 tsp Amaretto
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- Plug in waffle iron so it can begin heating up. A hot waffle iron is key to ensuring your waffles will be crispy on the outside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, buttermilk, 1 tbs. Amaretto, and melted butter in a medium size mixing bowl. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir well. Batter will be lumpy.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Fill waffle iron (be sure not to overfill as batter will rise). Cook until steam begins to slow down, or until desired crispiness.
- Add 1/4 tsp of Amaretto to the 3/4 cup of Vermont Maple Syrup (I use Bob and Debbie Wright Grade A Medium Amber) Microwave for 30-45 seconds to warm syrup mixture. Garnish with sliced almonds.