Award Winning PancakesFrom FORTY PUTNEY ROAD BED & BREAKFAST
- 2 tbs. Melted Butter
- 1 cup King Arthur Organic Hard Red Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat nonstick skillet or griddle to 350 degrees. Helpful Tip: DO NOT grease skillet or griddle, ungreased will created perfectly brown pancakes.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Microwave buttermilk for 20 second, you want it to be room temperature. Whisk in egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 C of batter onto preheated skillet or griddle. When bubbles begin to form on the pancakes, flip and cook other side.