Oatmeal Raspberry MuffinsFrom FORTY PUTNEY ROAD BED & BREAKFAST
Raspberry Muffins are quite popular here in Southern Vermont, during the summer months. This is one of my most requested summer muffin recipes.
Esther Brody "The 250 Best Muffin Recipes"
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (I prefer King Arthur Flour)
- 1/2 cup Quick-cooking Rolled Oats or Oatmeal (not old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries; not thawed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Quick-cooking Rolled Oats or Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add frozen raspberries, blend well.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add to flour mixture, stir until just moist and blended.
- In a bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Add oats, flour and cinnamon, mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling two-thirds full. Spoon topping over muffins evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes.