Dandelion Greens SaladFrom 1922 STARKEY HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST INN
- 5 large leaves of romaine lettuce
- 5 large leaves of red leaf lettuce
- 7 smaller dandelions leaves
- 1 medium tomato sliced into wedges
- 1 cubed up avocado
- 1 small sweet red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed and minced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Rinse romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, dandelion leaves, tomatoes, avocado, red onion and basil, then arrange them on a large platter.
Note: Tear the greens instead of chopping with a knife. It will keep them crisper when stored in the fridge.
For the dressing combine olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic clove, black pepper, cardamom, and salt.
Top salad with almonds and cranberries.