Whitewing French ToastFrom INN AT WHITEWING FARM
Prep Time:Night Before
Cooking Time:1 Hour
One of Lance’s personal favorites is his classic French toast made with real French bread & a make the night befoer meal!
- 8 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups of Buttermilk
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Loaf of French Bread
Slice French Bread into About 20 Slices About 1 Inch Thick,
Arrange in 9 by 13 Buttered Baking Dish.
In a Large Bowl Add Eggs, Buttermilk, Milk, Vanilla Extract, Sugar, Nutmegand Cinnamon Whip Together Pore Over French Bread Cover and Soak Over Night.
Crumbled Topping: In a Large Bowl Cut 1 Stick of Butter into Small Pieces. Add Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Brown Sugar Toss Together and Sprinkle over French Bread
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees, Cook for About 45 minutes Till Golden Brown