Roasted Pumpkin SeedsFrom THE BED & BREAKFAST INN AT LA JOLLA
Cooking Time:65 to 70 minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (from about 2 medium pumpkin) rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread seeds on rimmed baking sheet.
Bake seeds until dry throughout, about 55 minutes.
Take seeds out of the oven.
Increase Oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl toss seeds, butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
Spread mixture over baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
* Note these savory sweet seeds make a great addition to granola, cereal, pumpkin frenchtoast, and many more favorite dishes.