Maine Bed and Breakfast Inn and Conference CenterHallowell, ME
- Main (207) 967-1995
Maine Bed and Breakfast Inn and Conference Center For Sale.
An idyllic Maine historic farmhouse Inn and expansive and modern conference center sits amidst 30 acres of rolling hay-fields and woods in a serene and secluded setting just minutes from Maine’s state capital of Augusta and I-95. This is a hugely successful Maine Bed and Breakfast Inn and Conference Center business with a strong B&B business too. The Inn, however, is also known for attracting business and leisure travelers. This is the only alternative to hotels and motels in Augusta, and a wonderful alternative it is!
- 8 guest rooms are located in the charming 1800’s Maine farm house with today’s modern amenities.
- Many rooms include private decks and whirlpools as well as conveniences for the business traveler.
- Extras for the guests include a private sauna building and outdoor hot tub.
- Trails on the property lead to additional trails on the abutting 800+ acres wildlife management area.
- The 1800 sf ‘Gathering Place’ conference room is a unique facility, perfectly constructed for any type of event.
- Views of the serene country fields surrounding the property bring the outdoors in to the fully equipped center, including commercial kitchen, capable of 300 meals at a time.
- The soaring ceiling, unique contemporary lighting and the stone floor-to-ceiling fireplace add to the ambiance of the space.
- Tents can be attached to the ‘Gathering Place’ for easy access and flow.
- A separate 672 sf Carriage House provides a facility for smaller gatherings. It is conveniently connected to the Inn by a covered walkway and is fully self-sufficient.
- The farm is currently shared with llamas, a pony and dozens of chickens for entertainment and eggs for the bountiful farm fresh breakfasts.
- The large barn onsite could be converted to additional guest rooms or as an additional event venue.
Additional common areas in the Inn include: the Living Room, guest kitchen and the Dining Room and fully licensed Pub. These rooms are ideal places for guest’s leisure indoor activities, for breakfast dining, evening libations as well as small meetings and gatherings.
The Inn takes pride in being a Certified “Environmental Leader” Green Lodging Establishment since 2005. One of the first in Maine! Half of the Inn’s energy is from renewable sources including the 100 foot wind turbine set on a hill away from the Inn. The Inn’s solar panels provide most of the hot water as well as some space heating.
The owner’s quarters are superb. Located on the second floor of the Carriage House, providing private and spacious living. The 1600 sf space includes a large living room, kitchenette and a loft with a master bedroom and large bath, plus another bedroom with bath. A private deck and seasonal hut tub round out the owners quarters and a four bay 1600 sf heated garage and workshop completes the package.
Current innkeepers have created a wonderful facility for individuals, groups, large and small. Guests can stay at the farm and relax or explore all that Maine has to offer.
- Open year round with activities and opportunities for endless four season explorations.
- Maintained trails for walking, hiking, running, snow-showing or cross-country skiing is provided on the property!
- The neighboring 800 acre public land can be accessed through the Inn’s property.
- The Inn is near to mid-19th century brick main Water Street, now on a National Historic District with two and three story buildings housing quality, individually owned shops and the best restaurants around.
- Augusta is a small city with the best State Museum in New England and a magnificent capital building.
The offering is a thriving successful lodging and event business. Currently the Inn averages one event a day! Current owners have built the business for over 22 years. They now desire to transfer the business to new ownership who aspire to look forward and carry this unique business to another level.
This is an exceptional property AND business for buyers seeking an established financially viable Maine lodging and conference center and event business property, with land. When you look at the numbers, from Gross Revenues to Net Operating Income to Cap Rates, the numbers work! The Maine Bed and Breakfast Inn and Conference Center is exclusively offered at $3,495,000.