- Inns For Sale
- Virginia Inns for Sale
- Charlottesville VA Area Auction November 8th (Available Online)
Charlottesville VA Area Auction November 8th (Available Online)Charlottesville, VA
- Main (804) 355-2100
- Toll Free 1-877-Motleys
- Office 1-877-Motleys
The property is a working farm located in the A1 Agricultural Zoning District, which allows many flexible uses.
The property includes a Conservation Easement to The Historic Green Springs, Inc. in order to preserve the historic significance of the property and 4 of its structures which are the main Manor House, the Creek Willy House, the Out Kitchen and the Garage. The barns can be modified without restriction for typical residential or agricultural uses. Click Here to View Video.
The land is mostly open and flat to gently sloping. A large majority of the land is in grasses for hay and most of the land is fenced for cattle. There are a number of usable farm buildings. A small pond and a wonderful small creek cutting through the low area of the property from East to West is yet another feature. A small woods is located on the SE corner of the property.
The property is an historically significant 288± AC farm located a few miles south of the town of Gordonsville, VA and only 30± minutes to Charlottesville. Sylvania’s residences have remained significantly the same since they were built well over 150 years ago. The 4,300± SF main residence sits aloft a scenic rise with 360 degree views for dozens of miles. Some of the mature trees still circle the home like they did during it’s working years. Just down the slope from the main home is the 1,275± SF Creek Willy House, which has been completely restored with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
With significant history, unparalleled views of Louisa and Albemarle counties. If you are looking for the ideal location for your dream estate, look no further! Come home to Sylvania.
- Historically significant 288 + acre farm
- Fenced for cattle or other livestock
- Multiple farm buildings for cattle, machinery, horse, etc
- Small stream and pond
- Conservation Easement for historic preservation
- Restorable 4300+- sq. ft. Main House
- Restored 1275 +- sq. ft Creek Willy House
- In ground Pool with bath house in need of renovation
- Private Wells, Septic systems (unknown size/ structure per county officials)
- 30 minutes to Charlottesville and 1 hour to Richmond
- ¼ mile +- frontage on State Rt. 15 James Madison Scenic Highway
Sylvania is geographically central to most of the Mid Atlantic metropolitan areas as well as many of the cultural and historic attractions:
- 20± miles to Charlottesville/ UVA campus
- 55± miles to Richmond and Harrisonburg, VA rich historic centers for VA/ JMU/UR/VCU/VMI
- 100± miles to Washington DC metro region
- 165± miles to Virginia Beach/ Hampton Roads region
- 4± miles to I-64 access to Eastern VA and WV.
- 55± miles to I-81 access to South Central US and NE