A reminder at The Famous Texas Tavern in Downtown Roanoke
Here is some trivia for those who love trivia about The Texas Tavern:
- Texas Tavern is open 24 hours per day-7 days per week, except Christmas.
- The building has been painted approximately 65 times.
- Approximately 1100 Tons of Pinto Beans have been consumed since 1930.
- Approximately 1,260,000 pounds of hamburger meat have been consumed since 1930.
- Approximately 9,460,000 hotdogs have been consumed since 1930.
- Gerald Williams and Bill Ammons ate at the "Tavern" the day it opened and are still customers 74 years later.
A favorite sign or two at The Texas Tavern:
- We seat 1,000 people-10 at a time.
- We don't cash checks or play with bumblebees.
I have taken this information directly from their website and hope it brings many more interesting folks in to join Roanoke's Millionaire Club.
VIRGINIA IS FOR HOT DOG LOVERS