Every year, B&B's experience quiet season. This may be a slow business time, but it is a great time to evaluate, maintain, and get some nagging items off your to-do list. Keeping your B&B in top condition will benefit your customers, and ultimately elevate your business and increase its longevity. Some of these items may require you to spend a little extra cash, but the return on this investment will pay off when you have plenty of happy guests who refer you to their friends because of your keen eye!
13 Ways to Improve Your B&B During Quiet Time
1. Paint: Use the time when you have fewer guests to paint in order to minimize the possible irritation that the smell can cause your travelers. Create a painting cycle that alternates between different areas: Indoors/outdoors.
2. Oil and clean leather furniture: This will keep your furniture looking new and extend it's life.
3. Deep clean rugs: You can hire somebody or rent a cleaner and save some money.
4. Power wash patio/outdoors entertaining areas: The great outdoors can be rough on some materials, and power washing can make things look brand new.
5. Rotate mattresses: This is key to making sure your guests get a perfect nights sleep.
6. Wash, repair or replace pillows: This includes every pillow from the bed to the couch!
7. Clean draperies: After a busy year, you’d be surprised how much dust can accumulate.
8. Grout and caulk; replace and seal grout: Keep your showers, kitchen, or floor tiling looking fresh.
9. Maintain heavily used appliances: A simple maintenance routine of your most heavily used appliances like your refrigerator, dishwasher, washer and dryer can increase the lifespan of your appliances, and save you money in the long run.
10. Upgrade bed size: Take a look in all of your rooms and evaluate whether they can fit a larger bed. Often, king beds are more popular than queen size beds.
11. Upgrade TVs: Now-a-days, you can get a fancy looking flat screen TVs for a reasonable price.
12. Upgrade fixtures in bathrooms: Replacing faucets, shower heads, lighting fixtures, door and cabinet knobs can greatly improve the look and function of your home.
13. Update your BBOnline listing: Make sure your rates, photos, links and other information are working and up to date. If you'd like some advice on how you can improve your listing, feel free to contact us at 1-800-215-7365 or e-mail us at email@example.com
It's a good idea to analyze and take stock of things at your B&B whenever you find some down time. It will save you the stress and drama that might come when things are too busy.